Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Thanksgiving in July!

So we've just entered July and I've found many things to be thankful for that require more than a one-liner at the dinner table in November. I've been blessed with new friends and with a new church community. I'm so grateful for everyone's support and resources that are making my preparations for this journey that much easier! I'm grateful for schedule doctor's appointments and passport application appointments. And last but not least, I could not be more thankful for my wonderful donors! In the past month, we've raised a significant amount and I'm grateful to the following donations from my Go Fund Me page!

To the wonderful May Conde, I appreciate such generous support! My parents connections seem to be the best donators I've had so far and you are not an exception! I can't wait to share with you in my journey!

Elly Weber, you babysat me when I was a lot younger and I'm so grateful for your support and care 20 years later! Thank you for everything you've done for me and my family throughout the years!

To the fabulous Kerry Gilpin, there has been love between my family and yours for years now and I appreciate it with all my heart! You've been such a great support and I can't wait to share this experience with you and your family!

Mike Kinman, you've been one of my Dad's most inspirational friends! It was you who first introduced me to the MDGs and since then I've been interested in travel and service, especially as its funded by the church! Thanks for the intro into my future and for your generous donation!

Kendra McCallie, your family and mine have been friends for ages and I wouldn't have it any other way! I think of you and Mike as surrogate parents that I know I could go to for any reason and your daughters have been incredible examples of how I might make a difference in my own life by pushing myself to try things that aren't easy or comfortable.

Thanks to my 3 newest Anonymouses! I'm so grateful for your selflessness. And you may not know it, but you've all been an incredible influence on me as I've watched you give and give to your communities. I hope one day I can be as great an example to someone else who needs it!

So thats it for this round of Thanksgiving! Please leave comments about what you're thankful for and we can share the prayers and love!

Die Vrede +

PS: That's Peace in Afrikaans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your reactions and thoughts!