Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Get Out The Map!

It's that time of week again! Time to blog!

I've been in Cape Town a week, and while I'm starting to find my way around the place locally, I wouldn't be able to tell anyone on the map where to find me! So I thought I'd create this short little blog where we zoom in on Cape Town and figure it out together!

So, I know I'm in Africa and I'm pretty sure we all know what Africa looks like, so I'm going to start with a picture of South Africa.


So you can see Cape Town in the bottom left corner of South Africa. Let's zoom in closer shall we?


Alright, we're getting closer! It's still there in the bottom left corner.



Alright, now we're getting somewhere! An important fact to note is the little city, Hermanus, in the bottom right corner. Keri, a fellow YASCer is spending her time in a town just outside of Hermanus working in a hospice clinic. Click on her name to check out her blog! Luckily she's only an hour and a half away from me, so she and I will reunite every now and then on weekends and sight see together!



Ok, so that word Southern Suburbs. The Southern Suburbs of Cape Town proper. I've heard people throw that around and apparently that's where I live! Let's zoom in, shall we?



Now, see that word Rondebosch in the lower right side of the map? That's where I live! I live just across the street from the University of Cape Town in the suburb, Rondebosch. And now to zoom in a bit further to see where I spend my days at the HOPE Africa office!


Ok, so At the bottom of the map you see the little suburb, Kenilworth. The HOPE Africa office is in Kenilworth, about 6K away from Rondebosch (That's about 3.7 miles to you non-SA and non-running folk.)

For those who are wondering, I do have some pictures of my commute. Check out the office!



After leaving the office, I walk a couple blocks to the train station in Kenilworth and take the train to Rondebosch Station. At Rondebosch, I walk a few blocks back to Anhouse! Here's some of my walk from the Rondebosch Station to Anhouse. 



See how close I am to the University? It's right on the right side of the road through those trees!

And here's Anhouse! 

The backyard.
The road is behind the house, but this is
technically the front door of the building.


So how's that for some Cape Town info and pictures? I'll try to remember to take a picture of the side of the house that faces the road! There's a sweet little mural created by past residents. 

Love and Totsiens to all!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your reactions and thoughts!