Thursday, June 06, 2013

It Takes A Village

So far, this blog has been all about me and my journey, but what I've barely mentioned so far is that there are quite a lot of Episcopal young adults from across the country who will be joining with YASC and going on their own program somewhere in this wide world. Now, in February there was a Discernment Weekend that unfortunately some thesis data collection at Skidmore did not allow me to attend, but at that weekend, the entire discerning group met! Although I regret not meeting my fellow YASC volunteers earlier, I am already getting to know them due to all the wonders of the social networking of this age.

You'll all be pleased to know that I am in the company of brilliant, faithful, and thoughtful minds. As we continue in our journey together, we learn from and teach one another. They've already proved to be incredible resources as I try to make this process more and more real with doctor's visits proving my health and passports applied for.

Because of the help and support they've given me, I'd love to transfer some of the love I've gotten from my followers to their journey.

If you're interested in following the blogs they're keeping as they travel, I've linked to them in the side bar on my main page. Take a close look at Unto the Ends of the Earth, How It's Going and Teach, Pray, Serve. So far these are the YASCers I've found that will also be in Africa! If you give them a follow, I'm sure at some point I'll sneak into a post or picture. Now, that's not to give you an excuse to only look at those three blogs but they should give you a nice starting off point for your exploration of all things YASC!

I'm starting to get bored with my text-filled posts, so I will begin to brainstorm some reasons for pictures and start writing those blogs to make it a bit more interesting for you.

In the meantime, I have a new Anonymous to thank for my latest donation! I am getting so close to that 10% mark, I can feel it! As always, if you're like to contribute please click HERE and make any size of monetary donation!

Peace+

1 comment:

  1. i used to put random pictures of cute or funny things in my posts to spice them up a little because, you're right, all text can get a little hum drum. sometimes the pictures had nothing at all to do with the topic at hand!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your reactions and thoughts!